The menceyato of Daute, one of nine in which the island was divided from before the conquest included the Malpaís of Isora.
The high lands of the municipality are where the largest settlement occurs, initially not very well populated, in 1558 it was said that it was "unpopulated ground, except for a cave or two where someone lives and has their occasional goat or sheep."
Thanks to the will of the Ponte family, it had a temple as early as the XVI century. Its parochial church was not built until 1738, with the bishop Juan Francisco Guillén; and that, after various avatars and many petitions to achieve it.
In 1624 the first mayor of Guía de Isora was named.
The life and development of the municipality has been characterised by the struggle for survival, which caused successive migratory waves. The presence of goat and sheep raising, explains the presence of textile manufacture.
Only the present arrival of water allowed the development of this municipality.
Today, most of the dwellers live in the coastal area, even though until recently, the midlands, where the municipal capital is found, and the high lands, grouped most of the population.
Places of Historical Interest
El Jaral Settlement
Vera de Erques Settlement
Bread ovens, distributed through out the municipality
Church of Our Lady of the Light (Nuestra Señora de La Luz)
Eclectic Façade, it is the first temple from the beginnings of the XVII century, it was reformed at the beginning of the XX century. It conserves images of the Christ of Sweet Death (Cristo de la Dulce Muerte), Virgin of the Light and paintings of the Animas of Purgatory, the Annunciation, Our Lady of Carmen, and San Jerónimo
Church of Our Lady of El Rosario. Tejina de Guía